Code Of Practice For Patient Complaints
The Denture Clinic takes complaints very seriously and try
to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their
experience of our service. When patients complain,
they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the
matter is resolved as quickly as possible. The
procedure is based on the following objectives:
1. Practice Manager, Samantha Winfield-Bennett is the person responsible
for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide.
2. If a patient complains on the telephone or in person, we will listen to their
complaint and offer to refer him/her to the Practice Manager. If the
Practice Manager is not available at the time, then the patient will
informed when they will be able to talk to the Practice Manager and
arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will
take brief details of the complaint and pass them onto the
3. If the patient complains in writing or by email, it will be passed on
immediately to the Practice Manager.
4. If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it
will normally be referred to the professional concerned, unless the patient
does not want this to happen.
5. We will acknowledge the patient’s complain in writing and enclose a copy
of this code of practice within three working days.
6. We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of receipt
to give an explanation of circumstances which led to the complaint. If the
patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them via
the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten
working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a
likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
7. We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately
after completing our investigation.
8. Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received as
well as actions taken to improve our services as a consequence of a
9. If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be
made to: Te General Dental Council, 37 Wimple Street, London. W1N 8DQ.
Telephone: 0845 222 4141, the dentists’ regulatory body for complaints about
Updated 28th April, 2015.